JOMO Studio is tremendously proud to be carbon neutral.
We are offsetting all of our carbon emissions as a business (that's growing, packaging, and shipping) by funding nature-based carbon removal solutions such as reforestation and soil carbon sequestration.
Projects such as DroneSeed, Grassroots Carbon, and Pachama are helping us neutralize our carbon emissions from the atmosphere and removing our impact on the environment. This helps us all live a healthy, greener and more sustainable life.
Here is a bit more about how we are doing this.
- We neutralize the shipping emissions and remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Carbon removal is the process of capturing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and then storing it.
- For example, if our truck delivering your order releases 1 kg of carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere, we then ensure that 1kg of CO2 is also sucked from the atmosphere and stored away using solutions and technologies we’ve funded.
- We combine data from our store with industry data and peer-reviewed models to estimate how much CO2 your shipments release into the environment. Because we make sure that CO2 shipping emissions are removed entirely, all values that are used in the data models are rounded up.
- There is a fast-growing and evolving sector with many carbon removal technologies in different stages of development. These technologies include nature-based solutions, such as reforestation and soil carbon sequestration and more high-tech solutions, such as direct air capture and mineralization.
- This happens automatically with each order and we take care of it from our end, at our cost, and we are delighted we can do this.
You too are helping all of us with each plant!
As you grow your plant family in your home, office and other spaces, you are contributing to the absorption of carbon dioxide and the release of oxygen into our environment.
Plants not only instantly beautify your spaces and are calming naturally, but houseplants can also remove harmful elements from indoor air by capturing these toxins with their foliage and converting them into a food source for the plant and then releasing beautifully filtered air back into your spaces. Pollutants are everywhere and we all benefit when we green up our spaces!