Grow with JOMO
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject Plant Delivery Specialist (Part-time, Contract).
JOMO Studio is looking for a part-time, contract Plant Delivery Specialist for a delivery route that runs Saturday and Sunday from approximately 12 pm - 7 pm, who is passionate about plants and JOMO Studio’s mission to bring the best customer experience into the plant world, both in-person and online.
This contracted role is paid per delivery. In average, our delivery specialists make about $20 - $25 per hour with 4 - 5 hours work daily.
The route is primarily within the City of Toronto with some deliveries extending into the GTA.
This role reports to the Co-Founder (Graham)
The route varies from downtown Toronto, stopping at condos and apartments, to urban subdivisions with townhomes and houses. It is a fast-paced role, with the average stop being less than 5 minutes. Our customers are lovely and you will soon get to know the ins and outs of our repeat customers’ deliveries and new ones alike. You will be expected to complete the route each day within the approximated time frame as our customers are awaiting their new plant babies with great excitement. You are, in a very important way, the face of JOMO Studio to our customers, and going the extra mile, being kind and showing you care reflects our values and goes a long way to keep our customers for years to come. The ultimate way to see this role is this: completing the task itself is not the checkbox, but rather, connecting the customer with their plant that brings them happiness.
● Some knowledge of plants is preferred but not required
● A clean driving record is required along with a reliable vehicle and insurance
● Superb communication with customers and teammates
● Desire to collaborate in a team-based environment
● Dedicated to providing excellent, on-brand customer service
● Must be detail-oriented
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and a willingness to learn and improve
● Ability to maintain a positive, optimistic, empathetic attitude at all times – highly respectful of others
● Has a “whatever it takes” attitude
Areas of Responsibility
● Gas, mileage, vehicle insurance, parking/speeding tickets etc. are solely your responsibility
● If plants are damaged, stolen, lost, misplaced, dropped at the incorrect location, etc, while in your possession, you are responsible to cover the costs associated with them
● We will provide you with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment for the role and following local health guidelines is to be adhered to as your safety is our priority
● Having a working mobile phone with a data plan is required as we use a delivery app to make your job streamlined and easy and for our customers to know their delivery is on the way
● Other duties as assigned
● You must be available on weekends (the role is Saturday and Sunday)
● You must be punctual and adaptable based on the route
● Available to work during retail blackout periods during holidays like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, etc.
Perks of JOMO Studio
● Discount on plants starting after two weeks of employment
● First pick at plants when they arrive from the greenhouse
● Endless Nespresso provided (coffee is important!)
● We like to celebrate you on your birthday and work anniversary
Please note: This role is categorized as a part-time, contract, but does have the opportunity to evolve into a larger role in the future as events unfold. You may be able to claim some expenses of this role, such as gas and insurance, as you will be fulfilling a contracted driver position.
JOMO Studio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.
Last updated January 15, 2020