Grow with JOMO
JOMO Studio is looking for a part-time Plant Shop Associate for its Toronto store to work 2-3 shifts per week, who is passionate and knowledgeable about plants and JOMO Studio’s mission to bring the best customer experience into the plant world, both in-person and online.
This role is paid $16.55 per hour before deductions and tax.
This role will be located primarily at the Toronto store location at 21A Bathurst Street and off-site locations during corporate workshops.
This role reports to the Manager.
You are a plant-impassioned and team-oriented individual who has a balance of retail, customer service experience and plant knowledge. You love to meet like-minded plant enthusiasts as well as patiently teaching plant novices about all the amazing things JOMO Studio has to offer. You must have a love for fast-paced, startup environments, are highly self-motivated and have the ability to maintain a positive, resilient attitude in the face of growth and change. You will be expected to work up to 24 hours/week part-time depending on availability, with plant shop duties, order fulfilment and to assist with JOMO Studio’s workshops on a weekly basis.
● Loves plants and can demonstrate a working knowledge of their care and maintenance of them - this is a requirement
● Must be detail-oriented
● The ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs (cases or big plants)
● The ability to balance priorities and multi-task
● Superb communication with customers and teammates
● Desire to collaborate in a team-based environment
● Dedicated to providing excellent, on-brand customer service
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and a willingness to learn and improve
● Ability to maintain a positive, optimistic, empathetic attitude at all times – highly respectful of others
● Has a “whatever it takes” attitude
Areas of Responsibility
● Maintain plants in-store; including watering schedules, cleaning, rotating, pest control, and pruning
● Pick, pack and stage plants for pickup and delivery orders
● Receiving plant shipments and inventory counts
● Facilitate transactions on our Point-of-Sale system in a friendly and timely manner
● Ensuring product is fresh while out on the floor, cycling out imperfect and ill plants to be disposed of or returned to the greenhouse
● Responsible for store upkeep; sweeping floors and cleaning daily
● Available to assist during workshops both on and off-siteMaintaining store appearance set by our Co-Founders
● Develop a working knowledge of all of JOMO Studio’s plants and plant care, with the desire to uphold JOMO Studio’s friendly, plant expert reputation
● Ownership mindset in the areas of customer experience and plant knowledge
● Other duties as assigned
● You must have weekday and weekend availability (a schedule will be established, i.e. Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
● You must be available to work during heavy traffic sales (ex: B Grade sale, Black Friday sale)
● Available to work during retail blackout periods during holidays like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, etc.
Perks of JOMO Studio
● Discount on plants starting after three months of employment
● First pick at plants when they arrive from the greenhouse
● Endless Nespresso provided (coffee is important!)
● We like to celebrate you on your birthday and work anniversary
JOMO Studio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.
Last updated August 30, 2023