Toronto Plant Swap
Come out to our plant lover’s community event #PlantSwapTO! All you need in order to participate is to bring at least one plant that you’re ready to part with! You’ll be able to take home as many as you bring in.
There will also be light snacks and drinks on site! Amazing prizes will be drawn after the plant swap. Be sure to stick around.
All profits are being directed to the Bowery Project.
Coming soon 2020
2 PM - 4 PM
21A Bathurst St
Up to 100 people
What is plant swap
A Plant Swap is simply an event where fellow plant owners can come together to swap their plants. This could be done anywhere—like someone's home, a public park or community garden, a church or community center, or even a local business, which is where we will have ours (The Studio at shipping container market Stackt Market).
What to bring
● House plants, succulents / cacti, veggie starters / mature plants, perennials / annuals, ROOTED cuttings (even a tiny little root is good, shows that the cutting is indeed growing!), aquatic plants, and bulbs
● Clearly label your plants
● Put your plant in a container with soil or water; wrap bare roots carefully
● The more you bring, the more you’ll take home with you
● Avoid bringing invasive plants, plants with pests infestation, unhealthy plants or unrooted cuttings
● No cannabis
Provide care instructions
Please make sure you fill this care card for each of the plants you bring.Plant Care Card Template
How does the swap work
We’ll be swapping in rounds. Here’s how it works:
Round 1: Use only 1 stick, place it in a plant you want most.
When everyone has used their first stick, we sort out who gets what plant. If the plant only has one stick, it’s yours! If the plant has multiple sticks, we’ll do a random draw, one lucky winner will get the plant, and the other sticks will be returned to whoever placed them, and they then get to choose another plant. The round ends when all have used one stick, and there are no more plant with multiple sticks.
Round 2: Use 2 sticks.
Round 3: Use 3 sticks.
It goes on until all sticks/plants are gone.
2:00 pm - Sign in, drop off your plants, make some new friends
2:30 pm - Sign in closes
3:00 pm - Let the swap begin!