MOISTURE METER FUNCTION
- Slide the switch to the “MOIST” setting.
- Insert the probe 3/4 of its length into the soil.
- The moisture reading registers on a scale of 0 (dry) to 10 (moist) and is located in the middle row of the reading output area.
- If your reading registers in the first half of the RED zone (0 to 1.5), it’s time to water.
- For moisture-loving plants, if the reading registers in the second half of the GREEN zone (5 to 7), it is then time to water.
- Your plants do not need additional water if your reading registers in the BLUE zone (8 to 10).
LIGHT METER FUNCTION
- Slide the switch to the “LIGHT” setting.
- Place the photo sensor near the plant with the sensor oriented towards the light source. The sensor is located on the front center of the meter.
- Take the reading from the top, white area of the reading output area.
- Readings between 0 and 500 indicate low light levels, while readings of 700 to 2000 indicate stronger light levels.
pH METER FUNCTION
- Slide the switch to the “pH” setting.
- Collect soil below 2” of the surface. Remove stones and other debris from the sample. Mix the soil with water until it turns to mud.
- Gently wipe the tester probe with a soft, dry cloth.
- Insert the meter 4-5” into the sample and make sure the probe is in contact with the sample for one minute; then note the reading.
- In order to achieve the adequate pH level, you can raise it with lime or lower it with peat moss. For best results, you should use a pH Up or Down solution available from your retailer.
PLEASE NOTE: This 3-Way Meter is not waterproof; only the probe tips can safely be submerged in liquid. For best results, carefully clean and dry your 3-Way Meter after every use.